One of my dearest friends (Mindy) lost her father to early onset Alzheimers on November 4th. Today I attended the memorial for him and I walked away feeling so encouraged. Roy was a true example of how we are to live our lives for our Lord. He put his relationship with Christ ahead of all else and by doing this, his marriage, relationships with his children, friendships and work fell right into place. Not to say that he and his family did not have bumps along the road as anyone does, but he truly lived his life for Christ-to the fullest.
I remember when we were young, they were my second family and Roy and Georgia treated me as though I were another child of theirs (because I was always at their house spending the night with Melinda). I look back at the impact that his leadership of his family and of his "church" had on me and my life. Thank you for your love, your encouragement and your faithfulness.
Uncle Ro Ro you were an incredible man of God and I will miss you!
More pictures
15 years ago
1 comment:
the fact that so many people who attended probably got some wonderful nugget from 1 man's life is pretty incredible!
i'm glad i ran into you! and i am enjoying reading some of your blog. :)
Post a Comment